About Eastlake Audio
Eastlake Audio (UK) Ltd. is a UK-based, internationally active Acoustical Consultancy and Design Company. The Company was founded in 1975 and has since inception been under the direction of David Hawkins who studied Electronics Engineering at Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Melbourne, Australia.
Eastlake’s activities include the following:
- Establishing in discussion with Clients the activities which will take place within the planned facilities and defining required acoustical performance norms which will usually include:
- Values of Required Isolation between areas
- Reverberation Times appropriate to each area
- Air-Conditioning Criteria appropriate to each operational area
- Appropriate Air-Con and Power/Lighting
- Producing sketch-scheme studies as discussion documents so that optimum layout efficiency can be decided upon.
- Developing full working designs in the expanded detail where required so that construction can be effected by competent local contractors.
- Providing where required, highly experienced expatriate Site Supervisors to liaise with local contractors and sub-contractors thus ensuring accurate and efficient implementation of the designs.
- Identifying construction materials suitable for design realisation from local sources.
- Where required, arranging shipment to site of partially-fabricated assemblies and – if required – a complete expatriate work-force.
- Planning, site-installing and commissioning Clients technical equipment.
- Reporting upon project completion upon full acoustical performance parameters (ie. Isolation, RT60 Values and compliance of the air-conditioning system with the performance specified